Sure Apple won that lawsuit vs Samsung here in the U.s., but in German courts?? Well, in Germany Samsung and Motoola are victorious and Apple is found to have infringed on patents held by Samsung and Motorola.
What’s more is the German ruling follows court findings in Britain and in the Netherlands taking the same positions: Apple infringed on patents and Samsung (and Motorola) were victorious.
This is a world-wide battle so look for more.
Now, having lost the court verdict, Apple is requied to run advertisements on its website and in newspapers saying that Samsung did NOT COPY Apple. WOW!
So here in the U.S. the courts have initially deterrmined that Samsung copied Apple and now in the UK Apple has to run apologies for saying that they did. Amazing.
“Apple has lost an appeal against a ruling in a U.K. High Court that Samsung’s Galaxy Tab does not infringe the iPad’s design. The original ruling by Judge Colin Birss said Samsung’s tablets were not cool enough to be confused with Apple’s because they lacked the “extreme simplicity” of the iPad. That ruling has now been upheld by the Court of Appeal.
The original ruling also stated that Apple must run adverts on its website and in newspaper saying Samsung did not copy the iPad. Reuters reports that the Court of Appeal’s Judge Kitchin said today the notices must be in a font size no smaller than Ariel 14.”
Stay tuned cuz they ain’t over as we all know. The UK suit has no whee to go, that was a ruling from the high court, the top of the wig-wearing courts.
And, technically it has nothing to do with U.S. court decisions, but still…
Read all about this stumming development HERE.
Win or lose doesn’t seem to impact Samsung as the company records their record profits in 3Q. Sammy is making more money than anybody every quarter. Apple may have stock that is more valuable than anyone else, but Samsung is making money just by turning around and by getting out of bed each morning.
- Apple vs. A.pl: Tech company sues online Polish grocer over logo (pcworld.com)
- Apple loses German patent ruling against Samsung, Motorola (fiercewireless.com)
- Samsung Will Add The iPhone 5 To Its Existing Lawsuit Against Apple In The US (androidpolice.com)
- Apple Loses German Court Ruling Against Samsung in Patent Suit (bloomberg.com)
- German Court Rules In Favor of Motorola and Samsung In Patent Case With Apple (thedroidguy.com)
- German court: Motorola, Samsung don’t violate Apple touch event patent (tuaw.com)