not too many anymore, but we will start with a Native American blog with photos and graphics covering the California Native scene. Thanks @CaliNDN for the blog and your tweets
Why do I like it?
- kept up to date
- pow wow and bird singing info
- educational postings
- great photos & videos
- preserving the culture
Great story on the new gathering hall in Banning.
Great photography blogs
Artists whose paint brushes are cameras. Each site here also has an author with very good writing skills, so you get beautiful pictures and insightful words. What more could you want?
- Emad’s Photo Blog. Young man with a ton of skill with his camera. Twitter @Emad_14
- Bird Light Wind. I got hooked after stumbling into his photo series of a family of owls living in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park. Fantastic nature photos with lots of beautiful birds.
- Byrd Photography. Hot rods, hot rods, more hot rods. Could look at these hot rod photos all day. Excellent. He’s a car guy and has a new book coming out called Street Sleepers, The Art of the Deceptively Fast Car. Check it out on Amazon.
- Wild Lives: Trish Carney-Photoworks. She hooked me hard with her beautiful photos of grizzlies in Yellowstone National Park. Beautiful photos of an area I have not yet seen in person. Love it.
- Where Was I? Nice photography and travel blog, two of my favorite things! A good artist’s eye and storytelling skills result in a blog I enjoy a lot.
Sites that help me blog
- lifenbits lots of helpful information on how to start and improve your blogging experience. Clear and concise writing style puts this site at the top of the heap. Easy choice. Highly recommended. Some great photography here as well.
I wish I could use a camera with the skill all of these folks have.
I look at a lot of sites but subscribe to just a few. I’ll update this post as I add new sites. There are great, undiscovered sites out there.
Know some blogs I should see? Leave me a comment or Twitterize me @zenDR