This is the 21st annual chalk It Up!
Chalk It Up is a public art event where registered artists draw/paint stunningly beautiful works of art using just chalk directly on the public sidewalks.
Chalk It Up is on Twitter @chalkitupsac
Here are a ton of photos showing the great sidewalk art from previous years. Check it out!
In addition to the art the event has food, music and other entertainment for the very large crowds that attend.
This is another one of Sacramento’s great family-friendly events.
What bands are playing and when? Here is the list and schedule of music
There are lots of activities for the kids and a Creative Zone just for children..
Registration for artists is closed this year, but everyone is invited to attend this FREE event. How many great events like this are free??
Where is Chalk It Up?
One block park, bounded by 15th & 16th Streets and P & Q Streets.
here is a great youth experimental video of Chalk It Up!
Now Chalk It Up events are held in many other cities like Orlando Florida, and Edmond Oklahoma.
Here are some Yelp reviews from folks who have attended.
Chalk It Up has not been a competition in the past, but this year the public will get a chance to vote for their Top Three pieces of sidewalk art! Cool.
See you there and have fun!!
- Gold Rush Days in Sacramento, Sept 3-5, 2011 (voodoodr06.wordpress.com)
- California Capitol Airshow in Sacramento (voodoodr06.wordpress.com)
- The Sacramento Grand Prix, September 10th (voodoodr06.wordpress.com)
- The Gorilla Challenge in Sacramento (voodoodr06.wordpress.com)
- The Sacramento Mile motorcycle race (voodoodr06.wordpress.com)
- The ‘Gold Rush Days’ Are Back (kymx.radio.com)
- Old School Jukebox in Sacramento (voodoodr06.wordpress.com)